TESOL Italy’s 39th National Convention
Rome, November 14-15, 2014
Fostering Inclusive Education
Competencies for New Generations
STEPS IN SUBMITTING A PRESENTATION PROPOSAL
Please return the Call for Papers (CFPs) form to TESOL Italy no later than June 6th, 2014. You may submit it using one of the following methods: 1) e-mail (email@example.com), 2) fax (+39) 06.4674.2478, or 3) regular mail (Via Boncompagni 2, 00187 Rome) or you may submit the online version at: www.tesolitaly.org. In preparing your proposal, please bear the following in mind.
- Adapt your presentation either to the convention theme or one of the subthemes.
- Submit just one proposal.
- Print or type clearly.
- Provide all the requested information. Incomplete proposals will not be accepted.
- Respect word/character limits for title, biodata, abstract and summary especially for online proposal submissions.
- TESOL Italy is unable to reimburse speakers for expenses. All presenters are kindly requested to pre-register for the convention and cover required fees (membership and participation fees), thereby establishing membership in TESOL Italy.
- All rooms will be equipped with PC and Video Beam. (Preparing back-up materials, in case of technical problems with computers, is recommended).
- The time allocated for each presentation is 45 minutes.
- Professional/ Biographical background Please avoid references to personal websites, lists of course-books or other personal commercial activities as they will be removed in the editing phase.
TYPES OF PRESENTATIONS
Workshop: speaker introduces a topic with a mini-lecture, and guides active participation of the audience
Talk: speaker describes and discusses theoretical/practical issues related to convention themes
Demonstration: speaker shows how certain materials, techniques etc. can work in a classroom setting
Panel: three or more speakers present own ideas on an issue followed by a Q&A session with audience
Poster session: speaker stands by the poster with pictures, charts and/or realia, and shares ideas
Commercial presentation: speaker promotes materials published and advertised at the – Book Exhibition
Please note that TESOL Italy will not accept proposals which do not conform to the above guidelines.