We expect all presentations to be consistent with the title and subtitles of the Convention. In addition, both the abstract and the summary of the proposal submitted should match the actual content of the presentation given in November. We are very selective in choosing the presentations and especially encourage practical workshops and interactive presentations.
You can participate by making either a professional or a commercial presentation. A commercial presentation is designed to promote products or services, such as books, programs, certifications, etc. Professional presentations should not be used for promotional purposes.
Please read the ‘Steps in Submitting a Presentation Proposal’ carefully and then clearly fill in all the items on the attached Call for Papers form. We also invite you to share this information with your colleagues, so feel free to photocopy this letter and the attached Call for Papers form and display them at your school, in your office or staff room.
On behalf of TESOL Italy, we thank you for your interest and look forward to meeting you at our 41stNational Convention.
STEPS IN SUBMITTING A PRESENTATION PROPOSAL
Please return the Call for Papers (CfPs) form to TESOL Italy no later than June 18th, 2016.You may submit it using one of the following methods: e-mail (email@example.com), fax (+39) 06.4674.2478 or regular mail (Via Boncompagni 2, 00187 Rome).
In preparing your proposal, please bear the following in mind:
- Adapt your presentation either to the convention theme or one of the subthemes.
- Submit just one proposal.
- Provide all the requested information. Incomplete proposals will not be accepted.
- Respect word/character limits for title, biodata, abstract and summary especially for online proposal submissions.
- TESOL Italy is unable to reimburse speakers for expenses. All presenters are kindly requested to pre-register for the Convention and cover required fees (membership and participation fees), thereby establishing membership in TESOL Italy.
- All rooms will be equipped with PC and Video Beam. Preparing back-up materials is recommended.
- The time allocated for each presentation is 45 minutes.
- Types of presentations:
Workshop: speaker introduces a topic with a mini-lecture, and guides active participation of the audience;
Talk: speaker describes and discusses theoretical/practical issues related to the themes of the Convention;
Demonstration: speaker shows how certain materials, techniques, etc. can work in a classroom;
Panel: three or more speakers present their ideas on a topic followed by a Q&A session with the audience;
Poster Session: speaker stands by the poster with pictures, charts and/or realia, and shares ideas with attendees;
Commercial Presentation: speaker promotes materials published and advertised at the Book Exhibition.
Professional/ Biographical background: please avoid references to personal websites, lists of course-books or other personal commercial activities as they will be removed in the editing phase.
Please note that TESOL Italy will not accept proposals which do not conform to the guidelines above.
Before submitting your proposal please read the privacy statement in Italian